Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Irony!

I totally forgot my makeshift lanyard, so I went to judge the regional without it. =(

It was a lot of work without much room for rest, but it was so easy getting into it since I love the game and since my fellow judges were so helpful. The funny thing is that I was answering questions that were even stumping the head judge. Guess I really do know too much. =P

Highlights of the day... well, nothing unusual happened. I stumbled over assigning penalties since it was my first judging experience. The number of no-shows near the end of the day was sickening; why can't people just check the drop box on their match slips?! Everyone seemed to be wanting appeals (2 in my case, I was right in both anyway). I guess it's good people know they can.

As for my boosters... jank for the most part. The secret Ritual Djinn, "Majestic Red Dragon" Ultra, Hyunlei Ultra, GK's Visionary, GK's Priestess x2, "Fiendish Chain," and... that's about it. Nothing holo that I cared about or could really turn around for something decent other than Hyunlei... oh well. Win some, lose some. ABPF has the worst lineup of rares EVER, by the way. Come to think of it, even my commons were pretty trashy. No "Consecrated Light," only one "Widespread Dud" and "Inverse Universe." "Break! Draw!" only came up once as well... I got like two play sets of "Codarus" and some other fun things like a set of the loli snake and GK's Stele, though.

I can't really gripe about it. It was a great, fun day despite dragging on near the end and wrecking my feet. I also witnessed the longest sudden death EVER. In fact, it was so long that I couldn't even stay to see the ending.

Yubel.dek can't lose in time, it seems. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment