Sunday, March 14, 2010

Something Positive

Note to self: stop sleeping so much. You know you hate it, anyway.

My posts thus far strike me as rather negative for some reason. That wasn't the goal I had in mind, so let's see if I can come up with something a bit more cheerful.


Oh hey, "Spore," what's up? I think I should leave talking about you for later...



Gah! I can't say no to that face! Alright, so for those who can't read it (don't worry, I can't make much of it either):

You can remove 1 other Plant-Type monster in your Graveyard from play to Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. Increase this card's Level by that of the removed monster. You can only use this effect once per Duel.

Free tuner once per duel (only once! It's the "Twin-Headed Behemoth" clause!) that requires a little deck dedication? Yes, please! Adorable and deadly. I don't think we've seen such a combination since "Rescue Cat!" Not that I'm comparing "Spore" to "Rescue Cat," mind you; "Spore" is actually more comparable to "Plaguespreader Zombie" in that it's fantastic within its own deck, but not so much in others.

Perhaps that isn't the best way to put it, either, though... I can already see Plants, Lightsworn, Monarchs, some Junk & Debris variants, and even Dark Synchro getting a kick out of this due to "Dandylion" and "Mystic Tomato" fitting in rather seamlessly.

I can't be sure if "Spore" will ever see a limit, but it's definitely up there with "Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind" as one of the best general-use tuners in the game. Don't be surprised if "Spore" becomes a Super Rare or Ultra/Ultimate Rare for the TCG. It truly deserves the upgrade.

:3

No comments:

Post a Comment