Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Haven't Done This in Ages...

The Create-A-Card process is something of which I've been fairly fond in recent times, though my idea pool evaporated at some point along the way, so I haven't been cranking out fan creations like I used to.

Inspiration came, however, when I stopped by the Complete the Card Above You thread on Pojo earlier this morning, so I figured I'd post my results here for everyone's enjoyment (or disgust, I dunno).

The first is a Fusion with the intent of being used by Jack Atlas. It was inspired by the Synchro-Fusion concept in Duelist Revolution, with the stats and nature of the costs borrowed from the cover card.

Maldrake Shaman
DARK/Level 10
Dragon/Fusion/Effect
3200 ATK/2000 DEF

1 Dragon-Type Synchro Monster + 1 Fiend-Type Monster

This card cannot be Special Summoned from the Extra Deck except by Fusion Summon. If the only monsters your opponent controls are defense position monsters, you can remove 1 Dragon-Type Synchro Monster in your graveyard from play to allow this card to attack directly this turn. If the only monsters your opponent controls are attack position monsters, you can remove 1 Fiend-Type monster in your graveyard from play to allow this card to attack all of your opponent's monsters once each this turn.


I'm fairly confident that I didn't go overboard on this guy. The activation requirements for the effects are situational enough. I tacked on some easy costs out of fear that it might be too strong. All in all, it suits Jack's style and his deck as we know it.


Then we've got a trap designed to be a mirror of "Starlight Road" in the sense that it mimics the effect of "Red Dragon Archfiend" in a roundabout way and gives easy access to it.

Scarlet Sinkhole
Normal Trap

Activate when your opponent Sets a monster, or Special Summons a monster in face-down defense position. Destroy that monster. Then, you can Special Summon 1 "Red Dragon Archfiend" from your Extra Deck. Destroy it during the End Phase if your opponent does not control a monster at that time.

I did a lot of thinking about this one. It went through a lot of different names, different effects, balance checks, and so forth...

I think the end result is solid, perhaps a little underwhelming, but other limitations I thought of tacking on it would have either rendered it unusable or too strong for a player who was already winning.


That's it for now, but I imagine I could churn out more cards if given ideas upon which to build. *wink wink, nudge nudge*

2 comments:

  1. Scarlet Sinkhole .......hmm Hamsters getting to you? O.O

    lol, was thinking of Archfiend Path XD

    Nice cards though =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It slaps Dandy more than anything.

    ReplyDelete