Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I'm a Pokémon Duelist too.

What? Why are you looking at me like that? Sure, I haven't been playing for a majority of gen 4's tail end, but gen 5 is shaping up in such a way so as to make me give a shit again. Maybe I'll even end up somewhere near the top of the leader boards.

Okay, that's doubtful, but I really do like a large number of the new pogeys. These are my favorites of the bunch:

#530, Drills (Doryuuzu)

#553, Warubiaru

#563, Deathcon (Desukaan)

#567, Archaeos (Aakeosu)

#579, Rankles (Rankurusu)

#596, Dentula (Denchura)

#628, Wargle (Wooguru)

#637, Urgamoth (Urugamosu)

#647, Celdio (Kerudio)


Names are obviously subject to change upon US release.

I'm just so psyched about all the variety here... at least half of the new Pokémon are going to be OU capable out of the gates, and that's just fantastic. Most of the old favorites are getting ability updates via the Dream World so they can keep up, so they won't all be forced out of the picture as well. It's the dawning of a new age of... balance?

Well, maybe not with how incredibly OP things are looking, but it'll be fun for awhile.

13 comments:

  1. I've been away from Pokemonz for a LONG time. I didn't want to play because it seemed like they were forcing the same stuff down my throat again and again (Konami + Koa'ki Meiru = This?), but when I saw Black & White I was like "Mind = Blown".

    Anyway, on topic. My favorites have got to be Kirikizan (Da/St) and Sazando (Da/Dr).

    I am kinda concerned about the super high level evolutions though. Urgamoth at 59 (I think) seems a bit much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't access Urgamoth until you find it sitting in a cave at level 70 anyway. By the time you get that far, it takes nearly no time at all to raise a lower level guy to the neighborhood of 40+ due to the revamped EXP formula.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Revamped EXP formula? Tell me more!

    Does it mean that it takes less time to gain EXP?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It now factors your Pokémon's level into the equation, so a higher level mon will gain less experience than a lower level mon for KOing the same thing, although neither will get much of anything if both are a higher level than the foe.

    Keeping that in mind, wild pogeys, gyms, etc. seem to be properly scaled so as to make the game a little challenging. Well, until you realize they give you access to something that can destroy each gym before each gym as long as you're willing to grab them.

    But... yeah, on the flip said, raising midgets is fairly easy since they gain craploads of EXP from E4, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Sazando will be a very late game pokemon >.<

    Oh well, I'll live =P

    I'm still a noob. What's the best way to level up pokemon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Billions of Rare Candies. Barring that, Lucky Egg.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like I need to recruit good old Ziggy again >.< Ziggy is my super-high level Zigzagoon from Emerald with the pickup ability (which seems to love rare candies).

    Speaking of Emerald, will Black & White have the same migratory feature as D/P/P?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Pokéshifter lets you bring over mons from your Gen 4 games after the E4, but you cannot transfer items forward, nor can Pokémon be sent back.

    Pick-Up also doesn't seem to function like that anymore. Rather, it grabs an opponent's consumed item during battle if it doesn't have one itself.

    Leveling really isn't a problem, though, considering you don't have to do it at all for VS other than evolving and getting level moves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Then how am I supposed to produce ∞ Rare Candies and Earthquakes >.<

    What do you mean by I don't need to level for vs? Does that mean that whenever I see vids with people versing each other with lv 100s, that those pokemon are actually of a lower level?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not 100% of how it works in gen 5, but with wifi in gen 4, everything was autoleveled to 50 or 100 depending on what the players chose. Locally, I have no idea what goes on.

    TMs are infinite use now, so you don't have to worry about running out of Earthquakes (just finding it).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes *epic face*.

    I was fed up of running out of TMs *looks at water party that mostly know Surf*.

    Did they mention anything about the exclusives of both games yet?

    ReplyDelete
  12. We know basically everything about them considering it's been out in Japan for about a week.

    ReplyDelete